Selecting the right BB Cream Shade for you
esmi Mineral BB Cream - the perfect mix of moisturiser, foundation and sunscreen. Designed to moisturise, protect and correct the skin, our BB Cream is the perfect alternative to foundation on days when you don’t feel like a full face of makeup but would still like a lightweight product to even your skin tone and give a fresh glow.
Since it’s a sheer coverage, choosing the right colour BB Cream can be a little daunting, so we’ve put together a simple guide to help you choose the right shade for you.
All esmi foundation shades are created based on the Fitzpatrick Skin Type Scale, which is a numerical classification to measure the response of each skin type to UV light.
Understanding your skin type and the characteristics your skin can really help to make shade finding easy!
- Skin Type I - Skin burns very easily and doesn't tan. Likely to have light blonde or red hair with light coloured eyes.
- Skin Type II - Skin will usually burn in the sun and has difficulty tanning.
- Skin Type III - Skin will sometimes burn and will tan gradually.
- Skin Type IV - Skin will tan easily and rarely burn.
- Skin Type V - Skin will tan without burning.
Our BB Cream Shades
As they are sheer coverage, our BB Cream shades cover a wider variety of skin types. Check out our below guide to help find your perfect match:
- Light - Suits Fizpatrick Skin Types 1-3 with a very neutral skin tone and little to no golden tones.
- Medium - Suits Fitzpatrick Skin Types 3-4 with a lightly tan/golden complexion.
- Tan - Suits Fitzpatrick Skin Types 4-5+ with deeply tanned skin tones
Still not sure of what shade to choose? Send a makeup-free selfie to our skin specialist team who will be able to guide you through to your best match. The team at esmi are always here to support you on your skin journey.